top of page

Looking after grandchildren?

Have you given up a full time job to look after your grandchildren? If so, you need to make sure that your protect your National Insurance contributions if you are not yet receiving your state pension You may be able to claim National Insurance credits if your grandchild is under twelve.

To apply for the specified adult childcare credits you will need to complete an application form.

You will need to include details about you, the child you are caring for, the periods in which you care and your child.

If you wish to claim applications cannot be accepted until October following the end of a tax year that you are claiming for example for the tax year 2016/17 claims can be made in October 2018.

If you want to speak to someone about this call 0300 200 3500

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page